Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Many Men: I Need Love!

Many Men

I Need Love!

The Womanizer>

He is the man who thinks every woman wants him, and he can get any woman he wants. He usually does get who he wants. Ladies there is a price to be paid and sacrifices to be made. he knows how to play the game.
                  It was the summer of 1993. I looked out of my apartment door and there he was. Chocolate brown, big smile and sexy triceps were cruising in a white convertible with the top down. I made an internal note that he would be mines.
                  Within a few months, we had maneuvered our way into each other’s presence. Soon after we started dating, I knew I had met my future husband. He was so smooth. The language he used melted my heart and every piece of my soul.
                  By the next few months, I found out he wasn’t just dating me. The smooth operator had an ex-wife, a girlfriend of 2 years, a soon to be baby mama and a couple of other prospects on standby. I overlooked all of those signs and more because when he was with me, he made me feel like I was The One. The Only One.
                  Then I started looking out of my apartment door again. This time I was looking for answers. Several times I would see a honey brown streak coated in white zoom by. Was that him? He did not even stop by here? I was not surprised to find out that he was wooing another woman who lived in the same apartment complex.
                  One child and 10 years later, I was finally fed up with the womanizer. there are not enough blank pages in any composition book for me to tell the full story of the hurt, pain and embarrassment I endured from the relationship. He had played his cards well. Actually, he played with several decks of cards.
                  There were many lessons learned from those years of being with the chocolate wonder. The regrets are few but the messages are many. Some relationships are like walking on broken glass. You never know how painless the journey can be until you walk through it.


                  Tip #1:
When someone gives you their time, it does not always mean the person is present. Effective communication allows you to know what’s going on in the other person’s mind. Discussing if the other person is really into the relationship with YOU saves years of disappointment down the road. Intimate undivided attention sends miscommunication to the receiver that the relationship is monogamous when in fact it may not be.
                  Tip #2:
Know who you are dating before putting your heart into the relationship. Be an expert about your significant other. Ask about past and present relationship history. Be curious about the other person’s daily activities and lifestyle. Spend more time together outside of the house that you spend the most time in to be aware of what’s really going on.
                  Open your eyes to relationship warning signs. Question any uncertain behaviors. Assess the relationship carefully before committing. Follow through appropriately based on your conclusions.
                  Are you uncertain about the direction of a relationship? Contact ginmanconsulting@gmail.com for guidance.     

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! You are valuable to us!