Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Big Set Up: Master Your Journey Book Launch Speech January 2017

Master Your Journey: The Big Set Up
Book Launch Speech January 21, 2017

            Welcome family, friends, coworkers and associates to my Master Your Journey book launch. I appreciate each and every one of you for taking out the time to come celebrate this joyous occasion with me tonight.  You could have been anywhere else on a Saturday but you chose to spend it here with us.
            I also want to thank my mother for making tonight a possibility. It’s because of her struggles with severe depression that this book, Master Your Journey could come out of me after 20 years past her death. And before I go another day, another hour or another second, I want to thank Jehovah Jireh, my provider, who made this all possible tonight. I give all the praise, all the glory and all the admiration to my higher power for this set up.

I have been set up from the beginning. Twenty- nine years ago as a teenage mother, I was being set up. As a victim of domestic violence, I was being set up. I was being set up when I had to put my babies on the daycare van at 7 o’clock in the morning, run to the front of the projects to put my other baby on the school bus and then make my way to the city bus by 7:30 AM for an 8 o’clock Biology class at Lamar University. The day my mother took her life and left my siblings and I devastated, I was being set up.
            I could go on and on about how my life’s challenges have set me up for today. The truth of the matter is that everyone in this room has had something to do with today’s set up. My mother who Master Your Journey is dedicated to has been the main factor in this set up. Her struggle with depression led me to discovering my purpose in life.
            I’m not trying to be all churchy in here tonight but I must do what tonight has called me to do. If it was not for Jehovah Jireh guiding me through to the set up, I would not be the phenomenal woman I am now. Isaiah 40: 30-31 says “even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But, those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” I tell you, I was set up for my life’s purpose through my life challenges. I grew from a single mother to a college graduate. I soared from an abusive relationship to a strong African American woman standing here before you. I went from running to the front of CDS to owning a business. I survived being a heart broken grief stricken daughter to an author making a dedication to the lady of my life.
            And the set up is not over with yet. If you don’t know, you have been set up too. Tonight, amongst family and friends, I want us to toast to THE SET UP. Let’s toast to your set up and my set up. Everybody raise your glass of sparkling bubbly water, and let’s toast to the set up. On the count of three, everybody shout as loud as you can…. ”The Big Set Up!” ONE…. TWO…. THREE…..     
         

              Raise your hand if you are ready for your SET UP! Contact GinMan Consulting by sending your name and contact information to info@ginmanconsulting.com and someone will contact you within 24 hours. Visit GMC at http://www.ginmanconsulting.com/ for more information about services and special offers.

ORDER Master Your Journey at bit.ly/masteryourjourney or at Amazon.com

Wishing You the Best in Success,


Virginia xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! You are valuable to us!